Drifting Away

Drifting away

I feel lonely inside the crowd. Can hear silence in spite of the screaming voices around me. I wanna run away from this sign of emptiness that is now so powerful within my heart. I wanna push away from these walls that are suffocating me. I gotta pull away in able to soothe this fear that’s attacking me. Don’t you ask me if I’m strong! I’m still here in front of you!!! Look at me! See how I’ve tried my best to face you with nothing but this strange truth that I lay before you. I’m not pretending to be who you want me to be. I bare myself and let you see me entirely as who I am. You have seen me being weak and hoping that it makes you stronger. I have strength hidden in my soul. I just don’t know how to pull it up yet. I may be out of balance. Not knowing where I should stand if I look through my eyes. So let me close them and see through my compassion where I should be going. I’ve lied and denied to myself that I will never need someone like you to be there. But see how my heart pushes me to get closer to you. Out of my confusions and in the middle of everything I opened my mouth asking for you to lighten up the things that seemed to be unclear. Now I must admit that I am drifting away to where I forbid myself to go. My faith alone can’t light up this dark river. I gotta move before it flows again. Coz if it does, I will lose myself again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALTERED

RELATIONSHIP IS A WALL

Essay Writing Competition