Beloved Past

Foolishly childhood years;
Ignored meaning of tears.
Those neglected sorrows;
Became a flame that grows.
Craved to stay innocent,
Wished life remain decent.

Too much pain with a smile;
Worth living for a while.
Greatest weapon was love;
Coz it was all I have.
Problems were like raindrops,
Or nightmares in quick naps.

Why would I love the past?
(Coz) It's the story of us.
Our rise and fall through time,
Simple triumph was the prime.
Past makes us who to be,
Depression inspires me.

In the past where I dwell;
Held tales for me to tell.
Tragic as it may seem;
Written into a dream.
Treasured past reveals me,
Much more than what you see.


A poem I wrote last March 26 2006
I dedicate this piece to my family.
And to all the people who stepped in and out of my life.

Comments

ghee said…
aww..what a lovely poem,anne...
so touching..

Welcome to the blogosphere!!
Finally,your blog!yeah,I was really surprised to see your msg in my tag board,from the first place,i knew it was you!!:D

I knew it was you...thru blogging,we could see each other everyday ;)
love you,anne.*muah*
ghee said…
here I am again,checkin on you..i just logged in right now. :D

be back soon!
Your poem is really beautifull and touching.You just spoke out what I always feel in life.But my friend, life is not just about the moments we breath , its about the moments that take your breath away.Enjoy life, live memories and do write coz you write really well .
Hey dude i am thankful to have you as my second teacher...to have you as a sister
(Even if it's gross) but my journey is not that so adventural compare to you...i
am proud that you're so strong...just be
yourself don't ever change and don't you
lose your strength...it was a gift...and
you are a gift...
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Popular posts from this blog

ALTERED

Essay Writing Competition

RELATIONSHIP IS A WALL